27 Apr Foldable Bikes – The Pro’s and The Con’s
The idea of foldable bikes came into existence in the early seventies. Engineers during that time have thought of creating bicycles which can be easily set aside in a small corner or even hung on a coat stand.
This design is made to provide an attractive solution to bike owners’ problem regarding the space they need where they could keep their bicycles when not in use.
They not only want to save space, but also time. With foldable bicycles, you no longer have to spend several minutes trying to fit in your bicycle in limited parking space.
Now, you can quickly just fold and put it in the corner. Now, there are plenty of foldable bikes for sale. However, before you decide to have one for personal use, you should know the pros and cons of these unique bicycles.
1. This kind of bicycle is super flexible. It offers a comfortable and convenient commuting solution, plus you can freely carry them on public transport.
2. It is thief-proof; thus, providing total security.
3. It can save space. Foldable bicycles can easily fit into cramped spaces. Apartment owners no longer have problems when it comes to keeping their bikes when not in use.
4. This type of bike is designed to provide a healthy and green method of transportation. It allows users to save on cost compared to using cars for longer travels.
5. It can be easily carried anywhere. Cyclists, who are travelling to other countries, can simply fold it and put them inside a traveling bag.
6. It is a good investment provided that it has a high resale value.
1. Foldable bikes are more costly than the ordinary designed bicycles.
2. They can have complex designs making it difficult for users to fold quickly.
3. Some foldable bicycles cannot sustain long distance trips; thus, you can only use them for taking short trips around the city.
By looking at the advantages and disadvantages listed above, you can clearly see that the pros outweigh the cons. This means that it is indeed advisable to buy a foldable bike instead of purchasing an ordinary styled one. It may be expensive, but you are actually saving in the long run.
Think how much money you can save with using a foldable bike for years. The costly spending is only done once, but the saving happens every time you use it.
Furthermore, you are not just benefiting yourself, but also the environment. You are minimizing the use of vehicles that emit harmful gases to the atmosphere. If you want to go to a specific area to have a biking activity, you can easily carry along your foldable bike.
The problem with space is solved. You can easily put it inside a traveling bag, which you can carry anywhere you want. So, if you are planning to have a bicycle, go for the foldable bikes. Experience its uniqueness and profitable features.